The Conference on Predictability and Multi-Scale Prediction of High Impact Weather was organized by the Collaborative Research Center Waves to Weather with the friendly support of the HIWeather project of the World Weather Research Program.
In particular, the two task teams "Predictability and Processes" and "Multiscale Forecasting" of the HIWeather project were involved in the organisation of the conference.
The program committee consisted of:
- George Craig, lead of the "Predictability and Processes" task team and coordinator of Waves to Weather
- Jenny Sun, lead of the "Multiscale Forecasting" task team
- Peter Knippertz, deputy coordinator of Waves to Weather
- Peter Steinle, member of the "Multiscale Forecasting" task team
- Audine Laurian, scientific manager of Waves to Weather